Thailand Journey: Krabi and Phi Phi Islands Dec 27-28
Wednesday Dec 27th: A Day to Relax for Some
The fourth day of the trip market a day of rest for Liz but time for Aaron to get down to business. After all this trip was not all fun and games. I had 4 days to perfect my speech. I would be speaking to some of the most renounced and wealthy people in the world and I wasn’t messing this chance up. Half the day went by though and all I had managed to do was frustrate myself more. To rid this frustration I did what any blind kid would do and went for a run alone through the uneven and cluttered streets of Thailand. I got chased by a stray dog but I out ran him. The rest of the day was uneventful except for the wild alligator that Liz spotted jumping into the murky water below the bridge to which we stood. The chaos was catching up to us and we were out by 10pm.
Thursday Dec 28th: Birthday Surprises
Another early wake up large buffet started off this morning. This morning was special though. It was Liz’s Bday and that called for a little surprise of roses and a Happy Birthday Lic (they don’t spell good) wish written in Thai.
We had a special trip planned to the Phi Phi islands.


These islands are some of the most beautiful in the world but were also the major destruction zone of the tragic tsunami that killed over 100,000 people. This day trip gave us a small taste of everything from snorkeling, feeding monkeys, gawking at the world’s beauty and the island that Leonardo Dicaprio made famous in “The Beach”. The scares of this day included nearly getting bit by a 4ft. long sea snake, causing Liz to nearlyto have a mental breakdown when I ventured away in snorkeling and a race for my camera that involved hundreds of nibbles of my flesh from hungry fish.


One more potentially dangerous situation arose when the jagged rocks lining the beach made my poor feet prime meat for shark bate. The top humor moment of the day came when our new French friend asked us to explain the difference in pronunciation of “the beach” vs. “the bitch”.
The highlights of the day besides the obvious beach paradise were the ALWAYS kind Thai people and the astonishing lack of reminants of the tsunami. The islands looked untouched to me.
The boat ride back to Krabi got a little rough. I felt like I was having a 30min seizure. Luckily, we survived the rough waters and returned to the hotel just to head out again, this time for a little Bday dinner for Liz with the new friends we had met. The restaurant was mighty tasty and had a fish display with Tiger prongs nearly a foot long.

A Mai Thai or two later we practiced our bargaining skills once again, this time for a ride home. We got a 30min cab ride 125Bot ($3.50).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home