Thailand Journey: The Jungle Dec 29
Friday Dec 29th: The Wild
Yet another 6:30am wake up call and another day trip. All of our day trips seemed to begin with a long ride in a truck that was filled to capacity. When I say capacity, I don’t mean there were just enough seat belts. I mean people hanging off the back by nothing more than a small handle. One sharp turn and they were gone. These trucks were exactly like the ones used to transport illegals and in fact I think they served a dual purpose when tourist season is over. (i.e. this picture is an example of the illegal mobilles NOT an example of how many people they packed in them.)
This day turned out to be one of my favorite. This may be due to the fact that everyone in our group spoke English but also because they were crazy people just like ourselves. The group consisted of two Englanders severely hung over from the night before, a Frenchman that smoked cigarettes and drank coffee like it was his last day living and a Thai tour guide that we later found out was a “Lady man”.

The agenda for the day included trekking through 1ft deep mud, kayaking through the Mangrove Forests running on the beach with hundreds of wild monkeys and of course PICTURES!!!



The shear beauty of the jungle was amazing. The return trip back included a fierce race between the group. We were determined to win. After all we couldn’t let Frenchie (as he later became known) and the beer guzzling English beat us. We were athletes.
Lunch awaited us and it was another Thai meal with a kick. Following lunch we went to a spring fed river to swim and got an education on the fabrication of latex from trees.

Later that night we snuck Frencie into our hotel dinner buffet with the clause that he would go along with me to scope out the process of buying a girlfriend at a local Carioca bar.

Now of course all of you that know me know that I was really just there for curiosity and not any favors. I did have one interesting and eye catching experience that night but I will spare the details.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home